Thank you for your interest in submitting for consideration an Exclusive Commentary to Spotlight on Poverty and Opportunity.
Please review the following guidelines before drafting and submitting your piece:
• All commentaries must be sent exclusively to Spotlight. We will not consider pieces that have already been published in print or online.
• Pieces run at about op-ed length (no more than 800 words).
• Authors can write about topics of their choosing as long as American poverty and opportunity is the central focus of the commentary.
• Our pieces are structured as op-eds that make arguments for specific views, including about polices, programs, and best practices that affect the lives of low-income individuals.
• Review other commentaries here for examples of what Spotlight posts to this section.
We regret that we cannot respond to all email inquiries.
Submissions and inquiries should be emailed to: email@example.com. Please include your name, email, phone number, and address in the body of your email, and write “SPOTLIGHT: Commentary Submission” in the subject line.